Flag Folding Ceremony Script
Armed forces ceremony of retreat at night when the american flag is lowered and the ceremony of reveille that is performed when the american flag is raised the morning as symbol of the resurrection of.
Flag folding ceremony script. Then starting with the end opposite the blue field make a taut triangular fold. The first fold of our flag is a symbol of life. The american legion states on its website that the meaning of the flag folding ceremony is based on religious principles.
The flag folding ceremony represents the same religious principles on which our great country was originally founded. Below are several suggested scripts to be used during flag folding ceremonies. Here is a typical sequence of the reading.
Flag folding ceremony air force script for more than 200 years the american flag has been the symbol of our nation s unity as well as a source of pride and inspiration for millions of citizens. Flag is folded at the grave site of a veteran. Born on june 14 1777 the second continental congress determined that the flag of the united states be thirteen stripes alternating between seven.
Flag folding script 1 as the flag is folded for each fold recite the following. It references the u s. Turn the outer end point inward parallel to the open edge to form a second triangle.
Flag folding ceremony air force script for more than 200 years the american flag has been the symbol of our nation s unity as well as a source of pride and inspiration for millions of citizens. Flag etiquette dictates that every time an american flag is to be stored or presented during a ceremony its handlers should fold it in half twice lengthwise. The flag folding ceremony described by the uniformed services is a dramatic and uplifting way to honor the flag on special days like memorial day or veterans day and is sometimes used at retirement ceremonies.
Va clarifies policy on flag folding recitations 13 fold ceremony other scripts approved to ensure burial services at the 125 national cemeteries operated by the department of veterans affairs reflect the wishes of veterans and their families va officials have clarified the department s policy about recitations made while the u s. Begin reading as honor guard or flag detail is coming forward. 3 fold the flag again lengthwise now with the blue field on the outside.
- How Many Challenge Flags In Nfl
- How Many Colors Are On The French Flag
- House Of Flags
- How Many Stars Are On The United States Flag
- How Long Are Flags At Half Mast
- How Big Was The First American Flag
- How Many Stars Does The Brazilian Flag Have
- How Many Folds In A Flag
- Houston City Flag
- How Many Stars Are On The American Flag
- How Many Stars Are On The Rebel Flag
- How Many Six Flags Parks Are There
- How Long Should Flags Be At Half Mast
- How Long Do Six Flags Season Passes Last
- Hours Of Six Flags
- How Many Stars And Stripes Are On The Us Flag
- Hotels Near Six Flags White Water
- How Long Does A Six Flags Season Pass Last
- How Long Is Fright Fest At Six Flags
- How Do You Hang A Flag On The Wall